2021 Camping Season
Due to COVID19, the campground is closed to the general public and is open only to enrolled Southern Ute Tribal Members and their immediate family. Call 970-883-2273 for a reservation.
|SUIT Tribal Members|
- 10 RV sites with 30 amp electric, potable water connection, fire-ring, and picnic table
- 30 tent sites with fire ring and picnic table
- Bathhouse including public toilets, sinks, and showers with unlimited hot water
- Potable water is accessible throughout the campground
- Centrally located dump station for RV grey/black water
- Centrally located potable water fill station for RVs
- Sites are spacious and well-shaded
- Campsites can be reserved at https://store.southernute-nsn.gov.
- Campsites can also be purchased at the self-permitting-station in front of the Bait Shop.
- ALL visitors MUST check in at Bait Shop.
- No alcohol or illegal drug use is allowed. The Southern Ute Indian reservation is “dry”.
- No firearms or hunting are allowed at Lake Capote.
- No vehicles are allowed off-road.
- Fires are only allowed in established fire pits.
- Pets MUST be on a leash.
- Quiet Hours: 9:00 p.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- Only 2 vehicles are allowed per site.
- Only 8 people are allowed per site.
- Maximum stay is 18 days.