General Rules & Regulations
All visitors must check in at the bait shop or self check-in station and pay necessary permit fees upon entering the lake area.
Lake Capote Rules
- No off-leash pets
- No alcohol or drugs (illegal) allowed on-site
- No swimming
- No littering
- No off-road travel
- No discharge of firearms and no fireworks allowed
- No hunting within the lake and campground areas
- No open-ground fires outside of established fire pits
- No entering restricted areas
- Visitors must check in at Bait Shop or purchase a permit from the self-permitting-station (front of Bait Shop)
- No alcohol or illegal drug use is allowed. (The Southern Ute Indian reservation is a “dry” reservation)
- No firearms or hunting are allowed within the facilitys’ boundaries (marked)
- No vehicles are allowed off-road
- Fires are only allowed in established fire pits
- Pets MUST be on a leash
- Quiet Hours: 9 pm to 9 am
Fishing Rules & Regulations
- Fishing Tackle: Flies, lures, or bait, but no fish or amphibian baits allowed
- No fishing without a permit
- Only 1 fishing pole per person
- Fishing is allowed from sunrise to sunset
- Privately owned boats, float-tubes, kayaks, etc are allowed only if using oars or electric-powered motors. No gas-powered motors!
- Boats MUST be inspected for Zebra mussels and other invasive species before being introduced to Lake Capote waters.
- After cleaning fish, entrails are not to be discarded in the Lake.
Daily Bag Limit (LAKE CAPOTE ONLY-per permit):
The “daily bag limit” is the maximum number of game fish you can take in one day, per permit. Game fish caught and not immediately returned to the water are counted in the daily bag and possession limit.
Adult Bag Limit
3 TROUT – Rainbow or brown trout or a combination of the two (all trout 16″ or greater must be released unless the fish is tagged with a derby tag and the angler has purchased a derby permit)
1 LARGEMOUTH BASS
Youth Bag Limit
2 TROUT – Rainbow or brown trout or a combination of the two (all trout 16″ or greater must be released unless the fish is tagged with a derby tag and the angler has purchased a derby permit)
1 LARGEMOUTH BASS